Train your third eye
Motorcycle clothing: stay smart, stay protected
It's good to stand out
Look after yourself: get the best protection so that you can really enjoy the coming season.
Trips to Europe
Every bike needs whipping back into shape at the start of motorcycle season. Make sure you take enough time to thoroughly remove every speck of dust accumulated over winter, and carefully inspect your motorcycle for faults. Key areas to cover:
- Battery: Replace defective batteries immediately and have the batteries checked every four years by your preferred mechanic.
- Tires: Check the tire condition, air pressure and profile depth (at least 1.6 mm) before your first ride and then at regular intervals.
- Fluids: Before your first trip it is essential that you check the levels of oil, coolant and brake fluid.
- Lights: Are all the indicators and lights still working (dipped beams, high beams, parking lights, brake lights)? Does the horn work? Replace any defective lights and glass immediately.
- Brakes: Make sure the hand and foot brakes grip well and release easily. Otherwise head over to your nearest repair shop. You should also check the brake cables for tears, damage and leaks.
- Chain: Put fresh lubricant on the chain and check the tension against the rear wheel.
- Highway tax sticker: Don't ride on the highways without a tax sticker, unless you like paying fines.